Friday, May 12, 2017

Great Christian love stories. Are they about the faith, the romance or something more?


Resuce Me
 
When I first started reading romance novels, (I’m about to truly date myself), the Christian romance genre was TINY.
 
Today, there’s a subgenres for Christian romance such as Amish, cowboy, small town, historical, and suspense to  name a few. No matter what type of Christian romance you like to read, there’s something for you.
 
But what makes a great Christian romance? Is it the faith element? The romance? The life issues that must be overcome in each book?
 
As a writer, I have to say, I’m drawn to creating stories filled with all of these things. Whether it be romantic suspense or contemporary romances, I love to fill my stories with the seemingly insurmountable drama in my characters’ lives that tests their faith and creates great emotion for the reader and well as for me, the writer.
 
In Plain Sight
 

So, what do you think? Are great Christian love stories about the faith, the romance, or the life issues? I contend they are about all of these things. Great Christian love stories can be filled with faith, romance and life issues, but they always, always leave the reader wanting to know what happens next in the hero and heroine’s lives. And if you’re like me, you’ll end up reading those books over and over again.

 

All the best…

 

Mary Alford

www.maryalford.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Author Melanie Snitker

   When she published Finding Peace, the first book in the Love’s Compass series, in 2015, Melanie D. Snitker had no idea just how many p...